Control Your Blood sugar & Reverse Diabetes Through Holistic Treatment — A Unique Combination of Yoga therapy, Acupuncture & Right Nutrition.
Diabetes will be the world’s leading cause of death and disability in the next 25 years according to the WHO. Currently, 347 million people in the world suffer from diabetes and this figure might cross 500 million people by 2030.
With such alarming facts facing the global populace, immediate attention is required to initiate treatment for diabetes. Medical treatment for diabetes using glucose-lowering drugs or insulin injections do not lower your sugar levels permanently and it requires complementary therapies and lifestyle changes to achieve permanent results. This is where Yoga therapy along with acupuncture and a well-planned, toxin-free diet comes in as the right remedy for diabetes treatment.
Yoga Therapy for Diabetes
Studies have proved that Yoga Chikitsa is especially effective in curing diabetes due to its holistic approach to exercise, relaxation and stress reduction.
- Doing seated Yoga for 10 minutes every day improved fasting glucose levels and heart rate and blood pressure.
- Yoga stimulates the organs and accelerates metabolism thereby reducing blood sugar levels.
- Certain asanas stimulate the pancreas and induce secretion of insulin.
- Yogic postures regulate the body imbalances by triggering the endocrine glands to secrete the relevant hormones for pancreas, liver etc. thereby curing diabetes.
- Specific asanas like the Mountain pose, dog pose, bridge pose, plank pose and child pose help in improving the metabolism, digestion, strength, and flexibility thereby keeping blood sugar levels in check.
What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is an ancient Chinese approach that originated about 300 years ago and is still prevalent till today. It uses sterile needles to activate certain sensitive energy points in our body. Streamlining the flow of “chi” or life energy is the main objective of this therapy.
The WHO acknowledges the effectiveness of acupuncture in treating nearly 100 diseases with diabetes being one among them. Acupuncture has been particularly successful in mitigating chronic pain and is hence invaluable in diabetes treatment.
Why is Acupuncture effective in the treatment of diabetes?
- It is a non-invasive approach. It involves mere pricking energy points with sterile needles.
- It focuses on addressing the cause of the problem rather than just treating the symptoms.
- It has a quick response and fast recovery time
- It is suitable for people of all ages except those having bleeding diseases
- It is not totally medication dependent like surgical techniques
- It has very little side–effects.
- It is economical when compared to allopathic treatment.
Acupuncture Techniques in Diabetes Treatment
Electro-acupuncture is highly effective in lowering blood sugar levels and in treating diabetic neuropathy or the damage to the nerves due to diabetes. Here, a pair of needles are inserted into each energy point and an electric impulse is passed between both.
How is Acupuncture effective in treating diabetes?
Lowers blood sugar levels: Diabetes is a hormone disorder caused by the deficiency in insulin secretion which in turn affects sugar levels. Electro-acupuncture helps to induce the secretion of insulin thus lowering the blood sugar.
Reduces insulin resistance: Insulin resistance is the prime cause of Type 2 diabetes that is caused by obesity. Acupuncture reduces insulin resistance by regulating the secretion of cortisol. Cortisol is a stress hormone that induces the liver to create more glucose.
Induces the secretion of Endorphins: Acupuncture induces the secretion of endorphins which create a positive impact on the body and reduce pain.
Chemical- free Yogic Diet Plan for Diabetes
A well planned toxin-free diet is recommended for Diabetes patients with the high content of fiber and anti-oxidants. This Yogic Sattvic diet comprises of vegetables, selected seasonal fruits, pulses and legumes with whole grains. This Diabetes diet must include
- Leafy, green vegetables like spinach, broccoli, beans, and peas
- Fibrous fruits like pear, guava, and orange.
- Whole grains, pulses, and nuts with lots of fiber.
- Small, frequent meals with lots of water.
When combined with a well-planned, toxin-free diet and acupuncture, yoga therapy is highly effective in curing diabetes and must be done only with experts.
If you are considering Holistic treatment for curing Diabetes, seek treatment from qualified Acupuncturists from Orange Ray, Nungambakkam, Chennai.
For more detailed information, visit Orange Ray & Book Your Appointment Now!